Residential Tenancy Changes
- allowable rent increases have decreased from 4.6% annually to 3.8%.
- Pet deposits can now be collected up to a maximum of ½ a month’s rent.
- Now included in eviction notices
- Tenancies can be ended for illegal activities.
- A lot of insurance companies have included in their policies a provision for inspections of rental properties every 90 days. To insure this, do what is called “season inspections”, every summer, fall, winter and spring. It is always beneficial to a landlord and a tenant to have regular inspections of a property. This way any maintenance issues or problems can be dealt with.
- Pictures, along with a written report, are a great feature to add to your move-in and move-out inspection reports.
Residential Tenancy Office